Celebrating our 21st Anniversary, Irene and I wined and dined at Church & State in DTLA. We chit chatted and had a great time remembering all the fun things we did this 21st year of our marriage. M’s last year of high school. Italy trip. College around the corner. It’s all going so fast.
We read about Church & State Review in the LA Times Jonathan Gold’s 100 best LA restaurants, where it was #61. I made reservations with the note of our anniversary. It was yummy. The waitress was super happy. The manager gave us complimentary champagne! Overall: Great restaurant. Yummy food. Decent portion size. Super tasty. Charcuterie (my favorite!). I got the “True Love of Mine” cocktail.
Irene ate the DineLA Menu:
- kingfish crudo, pickled shallot, baby cucumber, sumac yogurt, micro herb salad
- lamb tajine, vadouvan curry, couscous, tomato, carrots, olives, lemon confit
lemon verbena tart, almond pâte sucrée, italian meringue, lime zest
- charcuterie, duck prosciutto, chicken liver mousse (my favorite!), saucisson, pâté de champagne, pork butter, head cheese, mustard, pickled vegetables, baguette
- bouillabaisse, fish stew, prawns, mussels, clams, rock cod, fennel, potato, leek, rouille
- creme brûlée: fresh lavender